March 3, 2009

Re-visiting Jones Country



I like being in Jones Country so much I decided to showcase some pictures of George from the country music park. The first picture is George and Nancy with the Jones Country bandstand in the background. This is the stage in which George and other artists put on concerts. You can click on many of these pictures in my blog's and see a bigger image.

One of the features of the stage were the facial portraits of various country artists painted on the wall with George's face planted right in the center. The park contained a luxurious log cabin that George and Nancy lived in...pictures of the cabin are in a 1984 issue of Music City News which features George on the cover with the headline "Happy At Home". I know I have some of the images uploaded from my personal collection and once I track them down I'll post them.

In the second picture we see George standing up against a wooden railing with Nancy sitting in the background along with George's sister, Helen, and her husband, Dub Scoggins. This I assume was taken on the front or back porch of George's cabin...but it could very well have been at his sister's house because it was she and her husband that convinced George to leave Nashville and come out to Texas in the first place at some point in late 1982/early 1983...not long after the move to Texas he married Nancy.

No comments: