March 4, 2009

the 1983 George Jones road book


Photobucket


The book has some wear to it but there's not a torn page or anything. My grandfather bought this at a 1984 George Jones concert that he, myself, and my grandmother went to. He kept it for years but one day he let me have the book since I would appreciate it more.

There are a lot of pictures, along with George's commentary, throughout the road book/tour book. The name of the book promotes I AM WHAT I AM, George's 1980 album, reaching Platinum status in 1983.

I scanned some images from the book as I mentioned that I would be doing in a previous entry. This first image is a collage of pictures...you will have to click the images in this blog to see a bigger picture...I didn't want a lot of huge pictures dominating the blog.


Photobucket


In the picture below, it's the centerfold I was referring to in a previous entry.


Photobucket


I also scanned a page promoting the park...which includes a picture of the bandstand and a picture of George pushing on a tree...you'll have to click the image...


Photobucket


I wonder what's standing where Jones Country once stood assuming it's no longer standing? Anyone around that part of Texas maybe want to travel over there and take a look around and see if the bandstand is still standing or if the woods and wildlife have taken over the area?

Anyway, this puts the wraps on the Jones Country talk...for now.

No comments: